USABL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
USABL

United States of America Baseball League

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

REDS & BREWERS SWAP

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
CincyGM
Admin
CincyGM

REDS & BREWERS SWAP Empty
PostSubject: REDS & BREWERS SWAP   REDS & BREWERS SWAP EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 8:59 pm

In continuing the shakeup of their roster, The Cincinnati Reds agreed to a trade with the Milwaukee Brewers:

Cincinnati Reds Receive:
SP- Jeremy Guthrie, MLB
CA- Steven Clevenger, A

Milwaukee Brewers Receive:
OF- Freddy Guzman, MLB
SP- Paul Byrd, AAA
OF- Scott Cousins, A

Reds GM, Derek Bobola happily agrees to this deal.

"Freddy Guzman has been a very good bench player for us this season and in my opinion exceeding expectations when it comes to his offense. One thing is certain, he will always be an elite base runner and someone who can steal bases with the best of them and he plays gold glove caliber centerfield with amazing range. Its tough to see him go but again we are really struggling with our starting pitching and its something we needed to do.

Paul Byrd is a similar player to Guthrie but he is older, more expensive and I think Guthrie is an upgrade and someone we can put in our starting rotation.

Scott Cousins is an okay prospect but we have a lot more options Outfielders in the Minors and adding young catching was definitely something that made sense to us.

Clevinger will be placed in AA and Jeremy Guthrie will be put into the Reds starting rotation, presumably replacing Freddy Garcia who is struggling terribly.

This will leave another opening in the Outfield and most likely will be filled by the addition of Reggie Abercrombie if they decided to make a move in house.
Back to top Go down
BrewersGM

PostSubject: Brewers Reds Swap   REDS & BREWERS SWAP EmptySun Feb 22, 2009 9:21 pm

Brew Crew agrees to the trade. Thanks for dealing
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: REDS & BREWERS SWAP   REDS & BREWERS SWAP EmptyMon Feb 23, 2009 4:14 pm

Done
Back to top Go down
https://usabl.forumotion.net
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: REDS & BREWERS SWAP   REDS & BREWERS SWAP EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 10:43 am

Ok I think i fixed it guys.
Back to top Go down
https://usabl.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REDS & BREWERS SWAP   REDS & BREWERS SWAP Empty

Back to top Go down

REDS & BREWERS SWAP
Page 1 of 1